Here’s why Concrete Posts are the Smart Choice!
Why choose concrete post fencing?
Historically, the understanding was that a wooden post would stand in the ground for up to 40-50 years.
Things have changed!
The facts are that wooden posts of today come from immature trees with a considerable amount of soft heart and plenty of sap wood on the outside. This means that they will only give a 10-15 year in the ground life span.
This is not good enough!
Fencing every 15 years is NOT a sound economic outcome for any farmer!
Concrete posts are the way of the future.
Only fence it once in a lifetime!
Make your next fence a long term asset on your farm.
Read below to compare for yourself the advantages in logistics and costs of choosing concrete posts.
TIMBER FENCE POSTS
WOODEN POST HANDLING LOGISTICS
The following are the steps that take place when handling a wooden post.
The wages clock starts ticking now!
1. Firstly, the wooden posts thrown off the truck in a heap.
2. Secondly, the wooden posts are picked up by hand and loaded from the contractor or farmers yard onto his ute or truck.
3. Thirdly, wooden posts are unloaded, all by hand, because it’s a difficult product to machine handle.
4. Fourth, most contractors put a point on the post. To do this each post is setup on top of another at one end so the chainsaw can cut the point and be clear off the ground.
5. Fifth, the posts is then picked up by hand again and placed onto the tractor or ute to drop onto the fence line.
6. Sixth, after the wooden post has been driven into the ground it then has to have the holes for the wire to pass through measured on the post.
7. Seventh, the holes have to be bored through the post.
$$$ ALL THIS COSTS THE FARMER OR CONTRACTOR A HEAP OF DOLLARS! $$$
1. Costs – Wooden Fence posts – approx. $12-$13. PLUS cost of labour for drilling holes $4.00 per post = $16.00 per post to get timber post to same level as ACP post .
2. Holes – Not predrilled – labor cost to measure and drill take approx. 6 minutes each post, therefore cost an additional $4.00 per post.
3. Weight is variable at 27-35 kg – not uniform in size. resulting in poor stacking and weight for freight calculation.
4. Durablility – Lifespan of timber posts (on average) lasts only 10 years due to quality of timber available. Plus they will need replacing from rot, weathering, or termites.
DRIVEABLE CONCRETE FENCE POSTS
CONCRETE POST HANDLING LOGISTICS
What are the handling logistics for a concrete post installation?
1. Firstly, the concrete post is unloaded by fork at the contractor yard or dropped directly onto the fence line.
2. Secondly, the concrete post is picked up by the post driver operator and driven (takes on average less than 1 minute)
3. Thirdly, the wire is pulled through the pre-drilled holes that come uniformly spaced and sized in every ACP concrete post.
NOTE: No manual handling! No chainsaw use! No maintenance! No drilling!
This simple logistical process saves the contractor or farmer a heap of dollars!
$$$ REMEMBER – TIME IS MONEY! IMAGINE HOW MUCH YOU SAVE WITH CONCRETE POSTS! $$$
1. Costs – Driveable ACP Fence post costs approx $15
2. Holes – Wire holes are predrilled uniform spaced and sized holes ready for threading.
3. Weight is consistent at approx. 36kg each.
ACP posts are smooth and easy to handle.
4. Durability – Lifespan of concrete will outlast wood in most cases every time.
Termite, rot, and fire resistant, and can be reused.